Wednesday, March 28, 2012

No More 20s .....

I started writing this one with a dilemma . Whats should be the Title ?  'Turning 30' or 'No more 20s' . First one reflects assurance and sense of direction. Where else the second one is nostalgic and gives a sense of  mourning of the old days.

Nostalgia comes easy to me. And I do find occasions to feel nostalgic. Brings a distant sense of pleasure and relief to me. And this occasion is something special as I turn 30 !!!

30 Years !!!

Almost half of one's life. By this time the previous generation, including my Father, was happily married with 2-3 kids. But I am still unmarried and hence kids are out of questions. Not sure what kind of feeling I should have. Happy that I have survived, excelled or managed to stay float ??  Majority of my friends would be experiencing the same feeling during this year or may be next year. The little ones would have to wait for another 2-3 years .

My 20s, like most people, started in college. College, Hostels, Teachers, Classes, Assignments, Books, Projects, Grades, Festivals, Cricket, Movies, Crushes, Many friends, some close some distant. And lots of memorable moments. Have fond memories of the birthday celebrations back in AMU Hostel and the parties at 'Centre Point' restaurants. Life moved fast. HCL, Noida, Gurgaon, New York, More Friends, more moments to cherish. 



Will it be just another day, just another year ? Honesty I don't know. Neither I do get any signs like wise men do. Not sure that how much things will change from tomorrow but one thing is sure I wont be '20 Something' ever in my life....... again.

Men never grow old. Thats what I have heard. They always have fun. Kind of a true notion. But loosing hairs and gaining weight with age doesn't help in having fun. 20s are crazy. People get naughty in 40s. Never heard what wise men said about 30s.

How good were these 30 years? What different could have I done? What have I achieved so far ? Any regrets? Questions keep pouring to your mind once you start the introspection. I wish I could have answered 'No' to the last one.

Wishing for a better tomorrow !!!
Goodbye 20s !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment